Tasty Tuesday: Mini Maple Pancake Muffins
Alissa of 33 Shades of Green is hosting Tasty Tuesdays. This week I wanted to share a Bakerella recipe I tried recently. These are the easiest muffins to make. They are delicious and bite sized. I like to hand one to the toddler every once in awhile to keep him occupied while I prepare oatmeal which can take forever in toddler time.
1 cup flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons sugar 2/3 cup buttermilk 1 egg 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup 2 tablespoons melted butter 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Makes 24 mini pancake muffins.
Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.
Serve immediately with warmed butter if you like or even just with maple syrup.
They are quick, easy, tasty, adaptable, and adorable. I am trying them next with some blueberries & ground flax seed. I'll let you know how they turn out.